Friday, December 17, 2010

Eight more sleeps?

Big Sigh!
...and so this is Christmas, and what have you done?
Another year older, and a new one's just begun..

A couple years ago I was introduced to Flylady.com.  Basically Flylady teaches you how to get organized and get your home clean in 15 minute spurts.  It is an amazing thing!  It has been awhile since I have been back to Flylady, but some of her ideas have stuck. 
  • Just get in there and start, jump in anytime.
  • You can do anything for 15 minutes
  • F.L.Y. (Finally Love Yourself)
One of the most important things was not to stress yourself out about all the things going on in your home, workplace and family.  Of course there are so many things to do before the BIG Day but I will not get crazy about it.  I could make a list and continuously add more and more things until I am overwhelmed, but I ain't gonna do that. 

Today I did alot of running around, but it was ok.  I feel close to being finished my shopping and I haven't even been to the malls yet.  WOW does that feel good as I pat myself on the back.  I do not have money to spend and why should I?  I have talents that I am taking advantage of...I love to bake so I am making a pile of cookies.  So far my freezer has Pinwheels, Checkerboards, and Cherry Pecan Icebox cookies.  Today I made three batches of dough; Gingersnaps/Gingerbread men, Shortbread, and Sugar cookies for my Lactose Intolerant best friend.  On Monday after my stove is fixed...
Dang!  Did I tell you that the bottom element of my oven blew while my first pans of Shortbread were baking????  LOL
So, while I'm at work tomorrow, my dear hubby is going to replace the element in the oven, and the dough is in the fridge, then we will do a mass baking session and get it done.  Then cookies will be packaged up, mailed delivered or stashed in the freezer for Christmas eve deliveries to our neighbours.

I also bought some beautiful Salmon bellies from work and made some Salmon Jerky.  Very easy, really tasty but I do need to spray the dehydrator trays with Pam and slice the salmon thicker.  If I have anything left, I will be sending some of the bigger chunks to my parents with some cookies.

Last minute but it will be done!

Don't get me wrong...I'm NO Martha Stewart, but I like being creative without having to spend alot of money that I just don't have right now.  I also have Blueberries, Blackberries and Saskatoon berries in my freezer to make jam with.  My kids and my nieces love jam so that is another present, AND my family loves jam all year round. 

Other than that, I will get what I can get done, decide what is important and let the rest go.  I DID clean the bathrooms yesterday...THAT was a priority!! 

SO...Merry Christmas to you all and all the best in the New Year!!  May you always have a great book to read, a hot cuppa tea and the time to enjoy them both!  Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment