Friday, December 10, 2010

Only 11 days until Christmas!

Where has the time gone.

Now that I'm getting older, I find myself saying that more often.  There is only 3 weeks left in 2010 and that is it for this year. Wow!  I had a great year, now that I think about it.

This spring I had a great little job working in the greenhouses at Cobblestone Gardens.  I had a really great time, I learnt so much from the owners, my coworkers and I couldn't believe that they were paying me to be there.  There are 5 greenhouses S.E. of Calgay, near Langdon, AB.  I had never in my life been in the area and that is pretty pathetic considering that I grew up in Calgary.  The area was spectacular and just getting there was a great experience, the air was different, there was wide open country with horses, dogs running loose (including my dog Maggie).  Driving to the greenhouses, I had the opportunity to watch the area change with the season, in February, the ground was still frozen, huge snowdrifts were everywhere with bare ground showing in the fields.  Then the fields started to thaw and everyday I could see changes, especially after the weekend.

...under construction

No comments:

Post a Comment