Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nov. 10 Starting to get really excited!

I am starting to accumulate all my 'merchandise' for Saturday morning, and it is starting to look like I may do well.

Last night, the girls helped me to package my mint tea.  After every jar was emptied and squished in the big bowl, I ended up with 12 - one cup size packages that I want to sell.  That isn't as much as I thought I would have, but it is a start.  Next year I will have more plants to harvest as I moved lots of mint around the yard, I even planted some under the deck that will peak out.  Nothing worse than wasted space!  I think that next year I will also grow some STEVIA, because I could sell 'sweetened' mint tea!  Good idea??

Then we wrapped the herb bundles of Sage, Majoram and Thyme.  I think I will call them 'Turkey Bouquets' because it sounds cute and you can use the herbs when you cook your turkey or use them in stuffing.  Just one of my brain waves.  We wrapped 10 bundles, and I still have the catnip to do before Saturday.

Today...
After the girls went to school, I went looking for a printer to do my business cards.  I just ok'd the proofs and it is a bit pricey, but it is a certifiable business expense.  Yes, I am saving up all my reciepts!  My business cards will be ready for pick up on Friday morning.

Just thought that I would share my process for my "Forever Flowers"
From old election signs
primed with Gesso


a little bit of creative decoupaging


a summer's worth of my garden's flowers

a bit of a mess

that dries beautifully




my "Forever Flowers"


and Ellen's Fragrant Garden is up and running.


After getting home I got really creative and got more "Forever Flowers" done.  I think that it is a good idea if I make the pictures to fit into a regular size frame...without the glass.  Perhaps they will sell better?  I made 4 - 8x10's and 12 - 5x7's.  I don't need to fill up the entire surface with flowers, just make them look pretty, right?

Yesterday I was phoning around the different communities to sell my wares (  ;o) don'tcha just love hearing that??) and I am trying to get into the Hillhurst Sunnyside Craft Market on Dec 3, 2010.  Now the interesting thing about this sale is that it is one night only, and I have to apply for the spot.  I had to send in an application form that will be approved by a committee.  The criteria is that venders, have to make their own products...just like me, and they cater to home based businesses...just like me again!  I still have to send them some pictures of my products for their consideration before I have to go to work this afternoon.

I phoned Thorncliffe/Greenview and found out that they reserve tables for the Christmas sale in SEPTEMBER!!  Good to know for next year!

So this is where I'm at right now.  And I just noticed where I can add my pictures...woohoo!!

I am not very enthusiastic about going to work at the lodge tonight, but I need MCF to support my business for now...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment